- Which are the best Martech tools that you can suggest for a business?
If you aren’t using a diverse set of tools, you’re likely falling behind.
Marketing departments around the world are rushing to find the best ways to identify and engage their customers.
At present, there are more than 5000 different marketing technologies that can be used to automate different stages of marketing:
- Customer Relations – Salesforce, Lead Squared – Managing customer relations is key to increasing your business
- Social Media/Social Listening Tools – Hootsuite, SproutSocial, Buffer, and if you have a substantial social footprint and a big team go for Radian6
- Media Optimization/Programmatic Tools – Google Marketing Platform, AppNexus, and others
- Marketing Automation Tools – Marketo – with so many channels and platforms available to marketers today, automation is necessary to thrive
Programmatic marketing – As a retargeting platform, allows you to attract new audience, convert site visitors and maintain a relationship with your existing customers
2.What are the metrics/KPIs that you consider most important?
There are a lot of sector-specific customized Martech platforms because each sector is unique, and so are the KPIs. However, at a global level, the following are the Metrics/KPIs are must-haves:
- Traffic is the most important metric because it enables everything that comes after it: engagement and conversion
- Your SERP ranking
- Social Media Traffic – leads generated, brand awareness, conversion
- Organic Traffic – pages per visit, sources, keywords, returning visitors, bounce rates
- Audience Persona – who is your buyer, their interest, demographics, behavior
- Lead to Customer Ratio
- Inbound Marketing ROI
- Cost Per Lead – Qualified, Junk, etc.
- Outbound Marketing ROI
The Internet is a space that constantly changes, and a great strategy today might not be a great strategy tomorrow.
The best you can do is execute your strategy, deliver content with value, and try to keep your metrics in line month after month.
3.Which Marketing channels play a major role in a marketing strategy?
Marketing is the organizational business area that interacts most frequently with the public and, consequently, what the public knows about an organization is determined by their interactions with marketers.
Define your marketing strategy and then put the right marketing channels in place to execute the plan. An integrated marketing strategy works better than a fragmented one.
There are many marketing channels to help you achieve your objective, across Digital and Offline.
Digital includes your website, landing page, mobile app, social media, search, paid media, display marketing, email, and others.
In contrast, you have TV, Radio, Print in ATL marketing and Events, Activation, Point of Sales marketing in BTL. Opportunities are endless; Strategies are distinctive.
4.Why is Customer data Important for personalization in marketing?
The customer carries implicit and explicit impressions. Explicit is what he says about himself to you i.e., his name, mobile number, his email ID, his query, location, etc.
More important are his implicit expressions, his actions when he interacts with your business, your people, your digital assets, and marketing communication.
Each brain is unique, so unique are our needs and desires. Therefore, marketers need to create cohorts or do individual targeting to get closest to their customers and win their trust.
5.How marketing automation works in adding value to your business?
Marketing Automation has eased the life of a marketer. It has given him more time to focus on Innovation, Insight, and Action, which was earlier spent on doing manual work of recording leads, sending a response, following up, and other essential tasks.
- The STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning), to a great extent, is automated.
- Improved customer experience and has made communication more relevant.
- Increase lead qualification as the system can use AI to identify better quality leads.
- Being persistent and more relevant is helping driving more leads, pushing the cost per lead down.
- It is bringing customer delight, building trust, and driving sales.
- Automation brings alignment between different stake-holders because all are aligned to a common goal and using the same technology.
- All this is soaring conversion rates.
6.Which Marketing technologies work best in customer acquisition and engagement?
Customer acquisition spans across various stages; as a marketer, you need to define the customer journey exclusive to your business or familiar to your kind of business.
For lead generation/branding, you have media optimization tools, programmatic tools, ad-buying platforms that make your media buying more efficient.
A caution here, the automated media tools, if not monitored efficiently, can burn your budgets at a sky-rocket speed.
Social media listening tools are beneficial in understanding your advocates and detractors and tweak your marketing communication by your campaign and business objective.
There are numerous low-cost and handy tools available in the market for customer engagement for both pre and post-purchase. It is always a good idea to test these tools (most have try-n-buy or demo options) before you commit to its paid version.
7.What type of Martech Strategies will you suggest for a business?
I always believe that embracing marketing technology is a cultural change first then becoming efficient.
Secondly, start small and not try to bundle everything together and have too many variables at the same time.
Even if you are an enterprise and have a large team, it is always to pick a function within marketing, automate it, run it, review, correct before moving to the next one.
8.What are the major benefits of adopting martech into businesses?
Embracing martech can be a step towards Digital Transformation.
The most important reasons can be simplified into three categories:
- High -level insights
- Time management
- Data collection
Martech can be the starting point to relook at the way you have been doing business and the way you want to take it forward.
About Reema Chaugale :